Invest in your workforce
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant provides an opportunity for employers to invest in training with help from the government. Small, medium and large businesses can take advantage of the grant and deliver short-term training to existing and new employees.
- Provide up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- The program is available to private and not-for-profit sector employers of all sizes across the province.
- Eligible costs include – tuition, textbooks, software, mandatory student fees and examination fees.
- Individual employers are capped at $300,000 per year in grant funding.
- The employee must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected persons under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act entitled to work in Canada. Workers temporarily in Alberta are not eligible.
- Employed individuals acquiring new skills for their job or to prepare for a new job with the same employer.
- Unemployed individuals seeking a new job with the assurance from an employer that a job will be available at the end of training.
Training is required to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer such as private trainers in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act.