Academy of Learning Career College would like to offer you an update on the developing health concern related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety of our students and staff is always the first priority. When it comes to matters such as this, we will always take the lead from and follow the recommendations and directives from Canada’s and Alberta’s health agencies which are the Public Health Agency of Canada and Alberta Health Services.
From a campus perspective, we have increased the extent and frequency of cleaning in all buildings, focusing on door handles, taps, and other frequently touched surfaces.
To our students, our staff is also prepared and ready to support you in completing your coursework and achieve your career goals during these times. As a reminder, please call the school to make arrangements if you are going to miss an appointment or class. We can work with you on a plan to keep up with your course requirements from home.
Edmonton Downtown Campus
Phone: (780) 424-1144 | email@example.com
Edmonton South Campus
Phone: (780) 433-7284 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Edmonton West Campus
Phone: (780) 496-9428 | email@example.com
Calgary Northeast Campus
Phone: (403) 569-8973 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Calgary South Campus
Phone: (403) 252-8973 | email@example.com
Red Deer Campus
Phone: (403) 347-6676 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Medicine Hat Campus
Phone: (403) 526-5833 | email@example.com
The following are recommendations to avoid exposure and prevent spreading the virus as an individual:
- Avoid touching any part of your face (this may be the most ignored way to avoid spreading the virus).
- Remember to wash your hands a few times a day. Take your time washing your hands to let the warm water actually work its magic. Any time you wash, you should spend at least 20 seconds washing your hands with soap and warm water. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Cough/sneeze into your arm or tissue (not into your hand nor into the open air). If you happen to cough or sneeze into your hand, wash your hands.
- Stay home / go home if you are sick. Call your healthcare provider.
Alberta is still considered low-risk for the virus in the province. Naturally, we encourage everyone to adhere to the Alberta Health Services recommendations for measures to prevent the spread of any respiratory virus, which includes:
- Make sure everyone in households washes their hands with soap and water often. If soap and water are not readily available, you can use alcohol-based hand sanitizer, if hands are not visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw it in a garbage bag lined with a plastic bag. Wash your hands immediately after that. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze, or cough into your sleeve.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If children are sick, keep them home from school.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are used often and/or shared by everyone in your home.
For the most up to date information, please also visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call your local campus and we’ll be happy to help.