Canadian Education for International Students
Confirm Entrance Requirements
Contact the Academy of Learning College of your choice. Click here for a list of Academy of Learning Career College locations.
Enrollment into an Academy of Learning Career College diploma program requires successful completion of high school. You may be asked to provide a copy of your high school diploma and/or transcript.
If English is not your first language, you may be required to undertake an English language entry examination before entering a diploma program. If a student requires assistance with English before and/or during their studies, Academy of Learning Career College can assist with finding ESL training to meet your needs.
Confirm Study Arrangements
The following is an outline of the steps you can take during the application process to confirm your study arrangements.
- Contact the Academy of Learning Career College location of your choice and an admissions representative will guide you through the application process.
- Discuss requirements for a tuition deposit with your preferred Academy of Learning Career College location.
- Once you have been accepted and your tuition deposit has been received, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance from the Admissions Representative.
- Take the Letter of Acceptance to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to apply for your Student Visa and Study Permit.
- Arrange for your accommodation while studying in Canada.
- Arrange to obtain health insurance while studying in Canada.
- Complete the appropriate placement test.
- Arrange for ESL training, if needed.
For more information, click this link to visit the IRCC website, and contact an Admissions Representative at the campus of your choice for more information and assistance with confirming your study arrangements.
NOTE: International tuitions are higher than tuition for Canadian residents. All programs are eligible to receive international students on a study permit. Those with an asterisk (*) are not required.
|Program||Weeks||International Tuition||Books||Lab Fees||Total Cost|
|Advanced Computerized Office Procedures *||24||$11,055||$0||$1,500||$12,555|
|Business Office Skills||36||$16,690||$0||$1,500||$18,190|
|Community Service and Addictions Worker||51||$24,115||$950||$1,500||$26,565|
|Community Service Worker||43||$18,780||$825||$1,500||$21,105|
|Computerized Accounting Procedures *||23||$10,930||$0||$1,500||$12,430|
|Computerized Business Applications||37||$19,740||$0||$1,500||$21,240|
|Computerized Office Procedures *||18||$8,760||$0||$1,500||$10,260|
|Computerized Payroll Accounting||44||$27,610||$0||$1,500||$29,110|
|Dental Administrative Assistant||27||$12,450||$375||$1,500||$14,325|
|Entrepreneurial Business Applications||34||$16,855||$0||$1,500||$18,355|
|Health Care Aide||22||$9,465||$400||$1,800||$11,665|
|Insurance Advisor *||23||$13,080||$200||$1,500||$14,780|
|Legal Administrative Assistant||46||$19,380||$1,500||$1,500||$22,380|
|Medical Office Assistant||44||$20,740||$500||$1,500||$22,740|
|Medical Office Assistant with Health Unit Coordinator||51||$24,655||$700||$1,500||$26,855|
|Medical Office Assistant with Veterinary Specialty||51||$24,655||$750||$1,500||$26.905|
|PC Support Specialist||51||$24,105||$300||$1.500||$25,905|
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Alberta High School Diploma, verified by official transcripts, or non-Alberta equivalent. Transcripts must be officially translated into English.AND
- Successful interview with the college administration.AND
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS academic test score of 6.0 or higher or has completed one year of post-secondary training where the language of instruction is English.
Academic Policies can be found in our student handbook.
I understand that the Institution may charge me a registration fee of up to $500, which it must credit toward my unpaid tuition fees (Section 14 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The Institution may retain this fee if I do not attend the Program unless:
- I terminate this contract within four business days of signing it (Section 15 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation.
- The Institution terminates this contract before the Program begins (Section 16(2) (a) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
- The Program does not begin by the start date in Part C of this contract and I choose to terminate this contract as a result (Section 16(2)(b) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
I understand that the school cannot require or accept payment of the registration fee until I have signed this student contract and cannot accept payment of any other tuition or any incidental fees before my Program begins (Section 14(2) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
I understand that if this contract is terminated after the Program begins, the Institution is entitled to the payment of tuition fees as outlined in Section 17 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation, which is as follows:
- 25% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if 10% or less of the Program is provided
- 60% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if more than 10% but less than 50% of the Program is provided
- 100% if more than 50% of the Program is provided.
Refer to the table below for the list of the Academy of Learning College locations which are recognized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept international students.
|Campus||Designated Learning Institution Number (DLI#)||City|
|Calgary North East||O19273743562||Calgary|
|Medicine Hat||O19273743562||Medicine Hat|
|Red Deer||O19273743562||Red Deer|