Confirm Entrance Requirements
Contact the Academy of Learning College of your choice. Click here for a list of Academy of Learning Career College locations.
Enrollment into an Academy of Learning Career College diploma program requires successful completion of high school. You may be asked to provide a copy of your high school diploma and/or transcript.
If English is not your first language, you may be required to undertake an English language entry examination before entering a diploma program. If a student requires assistance with English before and/or during their studies, Academy of Learning Career College can assist with finding ESL training to meet your needs.
Confirm Study Arrangements
The following is an outline of the steps you can take during the application process to confirm your study arrangements.
- Contact the Academy of Learning Career College location of your choice and an admissions representative will guide you through the application process.
- Discuss requirements for a tuition deposit with your preferred Academy of Learning Career College location.
- Once you have been accepted and your tuition deposit has been received, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance from the Admissions Representative.
- Take the Letter of Acceptance to Citizenship and Immigration Canada to apply for your Student Visa and Study Permit.
- Arrange for your accommodation while studying in Canada.
- Complete the appropriate placement test.
- Arrange for ESL training, if needed.
For more information, click this link to visit the CIC website, and contact an Admissions Representative at the campus of your choice for more information and assistance with confirming your study arrangements.
Refer to the table below for the list of the Academy of Learning College locations which are recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to accept international students.
|Campus||Designated Learning Institution Number (DLI#)||City|
|Calgary North East||O19273743562||Calgary|
|Medicine Hat||O19273743562||Medicine Hat|
|Red Deer||O19273743562||Red Deer|
NOTE: International tuitions are higher than tuition for Canadian residents. All programs are eligible to receive international students on a study permit. Those with an asterisk (*) are not required.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Alberta High School Diploma, verified by official transcripts, or non-Alberta equivalent. Transcripts must be officially translated into English.AND
- Successful interview with the college administration.AND
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS academic test score of 6.0 or higher or has completed one year of post-secondary training where the language of instruction is English.
Academic Policies can be found in our student handbook.