The Business Management program is designed to prepare students for management and supervisory level positions in today’s fast-paced business environment. Its objective is to help students who are seeking to re-enter the business sector, or who are currently working and wish to upgrade their business and supervisory skills in order to further their career. Courses focus on professional skills required by today’s employers, including knowledge of how businesses utilize technology, e-commerce, business supervisory skills, business correspondence, project management, customer service, and marketing.
The Business Management program provides students with:
- A solid foundation in basic principles of a business environment, including current computer applications, marketing and sales, and customer service
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include: teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem-solving
- A solid knowledge of business practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to their current work environment
Individuals working in a Business Management career perform a wide range of administrative and supervisory duties relating to the day-to-day operation of a business. Specific job duties vary with education and experience.
These duties may include:
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating the operations of a department
- Implementing efficient working processes, schedules, and procedures
- Preparing reports and briefs for senior management
- Assigning and reviewing the work of subordinate staff
- Training staff in job duties and company policies
- Supervising and evaluating departmental administrative staff
- Providing information, as required by law relating to ongoing business activities