Help Desk Support Analyst Diploma
The Help Desk Support Analyst program provides students with the necessary skill and knowledge to support users of computer systems and software applications. It provides in-depth knowledge on evaluating, configuring, and troubleshooting communications hardware, software, and operating systems. This program also introduces the skills necessary to effectively provide remote customer support, and deal with issues Help Desk Support Analysts may encounter on the job when addressing customer requirements. This program prepares the student for several industry certifications. These are: CompTIA A+ certification with IT Technician designation, and Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) certifications.
Graduates of this program will find career opportunities with computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, software manufacturers, within their call centres and information technology departments throughout the private and public sectors. Job opportunities often exist within the technical support departments of large companies within the insurance, financial, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications industries.
Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Customer Service Help Desk
- User Support Technician
- Computer Help Desk Representative
- Help Desk Technician
- Software Technical Support Analyst
- Systems Technical Support Analyst
Duties & Responsibilities
Individuals working in a Help Desk Support Analyst role provide first-line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software.
Their duties may include:
- Communicating electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine, document, and resolve problems
- Consulting user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement
- Providing advice and training to users in response to identified
- Supporting users to install Windows desktop operating systems.
- Managing and troubleshooting access to computer resources.
Certification Vouchers Included
- 2 CompTIA A+ Vouchers (single attempts)
- 2 Microsoft Vouchers (single attempts)