Marketing Coordinator Diploma
The Marketing Coordinator Diploma is designed to prepare students for entry-level marketing support positions relating to a variety of integrated marketing and communication activities. Its objective is to expose students to a broad range of marketing knowledge and processes, administration skills, and practical tools that will assist them in dealing with situations within a marketing related career. The program will provide the skills to progress into manager-level careers, given the proper combination of skills, experience, personal attributes, and additional training.
This program provides students with:
- Leading-edge marketing skills and current course curriculum relevant to today’s businesses in Canada, and in some cases, internationally.
- An introduction to the most relevant aspects of marketing support and administration.
- Professional skills in high demand by employers. These skills include teamwork, communication, customer service, leadership, research, and problem-solving.
- A solid knowledge of marketing practices and principles. It also develops the student’s ability to relate and apply this knowledge to the many facets of marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and graphics.
The Marketing Coordinator program provides the student with a range of marketing knowledge and skills, which prepare them for many aspects of marketing. Graduates of this program are prepared for entry-level marketing support, and administrative positions in a variety of industries, specializing in those areas of greatest interest, experience, and ability. Careers in marketing communications, such as marketing, advertising, direct marketing, public relations, and market research are available to those students who possess the proper combination of marketing skills, experience, personal ability, and aptitude. Careers that correspond with the skills learned in this program include:
- Marketing and Events Coordinator
- Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- Direct Marketing Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
Individuals working in a Marketing Coordinator career perform a wide range of marketing support and administrative duties relating to the day-to-day operation of a marketing department. Specific job duties vary with education and experience and may include:
- Assist Marketing Manager to coordinate a wide range of integrated marketing and communication
- Interface and build relationships with counterparts at marketing suppliers.
- Coordinate production of various marketing communications.
- Track campaigns, prepare post-campaign performance analysis reports and make recommendations for corrective changes to concurrent
- Desktop publishing, developing and maintaining sales collateral and proposals, rate cards, brochures, newsletters, and other marketing
- Oversee the execution/production of marketing materials.
- Execute a variety of details involving direct mail, outbound calls, mass email broadcast campaigns, marketing events and trade shows, public relations, promotions, customer communications, media advertisements, and other marketing